A county spokeswoman says the homeowner in the southern New Jersey town of Woodbury was using a space heater, a hair dryer and a heat gun Tuesday to try to eradicate the pests in a second-floor bedroom. The combination sparked a fire. Full story on CBSNews.
A woman in Kentucky also burned down her apartment trying to eradicate bed bugs. Full story on CBSNews.
Please do not try to rid your home of bed bugs by heating it up or using any kind of flammable liquid. Leave it to the professionals. If you must do it yourself, stick with bed bug traps. There’s no sense burning down your home to kill the bugs!